Saturday 3 November 2012

Creemore Pilsner Steaks

Cutlery and Craft
What happens when you plan on booking reservations at Johnny Farina's and they're full? Make some amazing steak! To add to the whole situation, all of our Ted Reader and BBQ cookbooks are still at the cottage. What do you think we did? Not go on the internet like a typical human being. No. We decided it was best to go to the nearest chapters, find some good books and take pictures of some recipes. I found plenty of things that I would love to cook but time was also of the essence. I decided on a Creemore Pilsner Steak recipe from the Beerlicious: The Art of Grilling and Chilling cookbook. I was so very tempted to buy that book, and believe me I will have it within a week.These steaks were marinated in a mixture of beer and other ingredients for about an hour. I also doubled the garlic of course to get a nice broad range of flavour.
Marinade and steaks ready for BBQ.




Steaks with their pairing. 

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to take a picture of these beautiful steaks before they were fed to the hungry crowd. I can assure you that it will definitely be one to find its way into my permanent recipe book. If you are to make this recipe yourself be sure to get some good quality steaks as I did once again from The Butchery in Bells Corners – Ottawa, Ontario; and pay close attention to step #7 (you may need to repeat this step) 

Steak Recipe: 


4 New York Strip Loin Steaks 

(I used boneless rib eyes) 

1 Bottle of Creemore Springs Pilsner

1 Small Onion, chopped

1/2 Cup Soy Sauce

1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce 

2 Cloves Garlic, minced


2 Green Onions, minced



Directions: 


Combine beer, onion, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and onion in a bowl.

Place steaks in a large self-sealing plastic bag, and add marinade. 

Preheat grill to high (about 550oF/280oC). (Note: I prefer to always cook my steaks over charcoal. If you agree, and are using charcoal, get that bed of coals white-hot (700–800oF/372–430oC). The coals should be glowing white, with a fine layer of ash forming on their surface.) 

Drain steaks, discarding leftover marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. 

Place steaks on grill and cook over direct heat with the lid open, drizzling with extra beer, for 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.

Remove steaks from grill when desired doneness is reached and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Have a swig of tasty Creemore, wipe your brow, and dig into your deli- cious mouth-watering, tender, juicy steaks.


Serves 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment